Organization Hiring:Tetra Tech ARD
Tetra Tech ARD (www.tetratechard.com) is accepting expressions of interest from qualified Program Officer candidates for the Forests Carbon, Markets and Communities program (FCMC). FCMC’s two major deliverables include assisting countries with ambitious REDD+ plans by building capacity within those countries to achieve long-term net emissions reductions from forests and land use and contribute to the evolving REDD+ framework. This three-and-a-half year program focuses on the following technical areas: Social and Environmental Soundness; Finance and Carbon Markets; Low Emission Development Strategies (LEDS); Measurement, Reporting and Verification (MRV), and Cross-Cutting issues. This full time position will be based in Washington, D.C. and work under the supervision of the Cross-Cutting Task Lead.
In close collaboration with the Chief of Party (COP) and technical task leads, provides substantive support and leadership to priority FCMC activities. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating the development, implementation and monitoring of FCMC-supported REDD+ Readiness activities in Central and South America, and other regions as appropriate. Includes ongoing communications and collaboration with USAID, Forest Carbon Partnership Facility (FCPF), Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) and other national and international implementing partners and agencies.
- Staying abreast of developments related to the evolving international REDD+ framework, including UNFCCC and FCPF proceedings.
- Supporting the development and revision of reports, issues briefs, training materials and other resources. Adapting these, as necessary, for different target audiences in collaboration with the Communications and Knowledge Management Specialist.
- Conducting research towards the development of concepts notes and Scopes of Work (SOW) for upcoming activities, in coordination with task leads and to advance cross-cutting integration.
- Liaising with in-country focal points on ongoing and emerging activities in coordination with task leads, USAID or the COP.
- Leading compliance, revision and reporting on FCMC’s Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP). This includes reviewing and revising (as necessary) targets annually, and ongoing communication with technical leads regarding reporting requirements.
- Assisting to enhance and potentially grow the FCMC LEDS portfolio in collaboration with the Cross-Cutting Task Lead, USAID Washington and select regional Missions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree required, in Environmental Policy or a related field;
- 4-6 years’ professional experience, with demonstrated knowledge of REDD+, voluntary carbon markets, and multilateral programs and policies including the UNFCCC;
- Experience working on USAID-funded projects;
- English and Spanish proficiency required;
- Experience working in Latin America preferred;
- High level proficiency in MS Office applications;
- Must possess effective time management skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills;
- Must be an energetic and enthusiastic team player;
- U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
In addition to a collaborative and family-friendly work environment, Tetra Tech ARD values diverse, energetic, and enthusiastic team players who are committed to high levels of performance and who are dedicated to providing superior services at all levels of the firm.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of this on-line application process:
- A letter of application explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity
- A current CV in reverse chronological format
- A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference
- Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis by October 1, 2012.
For more information on this position, click here