Organization Hiring:Forest Trends
Ecosystem Marketplace is seeking a Manager for our Latin America Program.
Ecosystem Marketplace, a project of the non-profit Forest Trends, is a comprehensive source of information and analysis on environmental markets and payment schemes for ecosystem services, including carbon sequestration, water quality, and biodiversity. We are seeking a talented individual to manage the launch, operations, and network of partners in our upcoming website for Spanish speakers. For more information about Ecosystem Marketplace, see: www.ecosystemmarketplace.com.
Position is a one year long assignment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support and expand Ecosystem Marketplace’s presence in Latin America
- Manage, build and promote Ecosystem Marketplace’s upcoming website for Spanish speakers
- Guide the growth and development of and directly contribute to Ecosystem Marketplace’s content for Latin America
- Contribute to the program media strategy and news coverage
- Manage a team of writers, consultants, interns, and partners
- Coordinate with other Forest Trends initiatives, such as Watershedconnect.com
- Represent Ecosystem Marketplace at relevant conferences and contribute to our international capacity building workshops
- Work as a part of a team to raise funds for program activities
- Expertise in payments for ecosystem services and environmental markets
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Excellent analytical, writing, information management and research skills
- A strong interest in internet based outreach, media and ability to clearly communicate information
- Management experience
- A graduate degree or equivalent experience
- The ability to work independently and with a team in a dynamic, fast paced organization
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
How to apply:
Qualified applicants please send a resume and cover letter to CV@forest-trends.org by October 20, 2012. Please enter "EM Program Manager" in the subject of your email. No phone calls please.