Forest Trends is seeking a Manager for REDDX, a REDD+ finance initiative to track high level public and private commitments for REDD+ all the way down to how and when funding is spent on the ground in fourteen countries. Forest Trends works with in-country civil society partners and national governments to collect financial data and report this through the Forest Trends REDDX website (http://reddx.forest-trends.org/)
To date, REDDX has focused on designing a robust project methodology, building partnerships across fourteen REDDX countries, collecting data and delivering an online platform and infographics to present findings. Over the next year, REDDX will need to focus on disseminating and communicating findings collected so far and look for ways to best influence REDD+ finance efficiency and effectiveness debates.
Forest Trends therefore seeks a manager to strategically lead a team with an outstanding track record around the following:
• Budget management of multi-million, multi-year grants in line with donor grant requirements while ensuring continued strong relationships with donors.
Research and writing
• Oversee annual updates to the REDDX data collection survey to capture the most effective finance data.
• Develop a series of thematic reports/briefings discussing emerging findings.
• Manage the development and review of a methodology to identify and capture domestic contributions for REDD+.
Partnership management and development
• Manage relations with at least fourteen REDDX civil society partnerships globally;
• Manage ongoing relations with national governments and international policy and financing institutions such as the REDD+ Partnership's Voluntary REDD+ Database.
• Develop additional partnerships with other organizations to collaborate and promote common messages.
Website development and management
• Oversee a team managing the continued development of, and improvements to, a database and REDDX website.
• Lead a team developing new automatically generating infographics displayed online.
• Manage database and infographic consultants to support the process and contract additional staff where necessary to deliver web and database products.
Strategic communications and influencing
• Develop a strategic communications strategy for REDDX to influence key policy makers, donors, and REDD+ stakeholders.
• Outreach to promote REDDX website and products.
• An outstanding track record of success in effectively influencing forest conservation policies with a sound grasp of REDD+, climate finance and payment for ecosystem services.
• Proven experience of providing strong and effective strategic leadership to organizations and programs of work.
• Demonstrated knowledge of REDD+ finance networks and donor financing structures at national and international levels.
• Proven experience managing multi-million and multi-year budgets and demonstrated experience in securing additional funding.
• Experience in influencing key political stakeholders and shaping policy debates both nationally and internationally.
Skills and abilities
• Acting as a lead specialist for an organization on this key area of work.
• High intellectual and analytical capacity.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with the proven ability to persuade and influence others, in a range of different environments and contexts.
• Sound interpersonal relationship management skills.
• Able to work effectively in a range of cultural environments, adapting approaches and analysis to meet the requirements of the local context.
• Master's degree and at least seven years of progressive experience managing international projects and programs.
• Confident working with minimal direction.
• Looks for opportunities to influence and makes connections with wider policy and strategy.
• Team-player with a collaborative approach.
• Willingness to travel extensively to diverse countries with minimal notice.
• French, Spanish and Portuguese language skills a plus
For more information on Forest Trends, visit www.forest-trends.org
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Location: Washington, D.C.
To apply for this post, please submit:
1. A comprehensive CV or resume
2. A detailed supporting statement that fully addresses the appointment criteria set out in the role description and person specification.
Deadline: Submit your application to email@example.com. Early submissions encouraged.