WWF-Malaysia is a national, non-profit organisation that works to conserve nature and the protection of the environment. To achieve this, we seek qualified individuals to fill these new, exciting and challenging positions in our organisation.
- Provide direction and guidance on protected area matters within the Malaysia Forest Landscape.
- Provide leadership in the day-to-day operations and management of the project, and the project team.
- Ensure that the project is implemented within the allocated budget and that project funds are spent in a timely manner.
- Supervise the Protected Areas team, motivate and develop, as well as evaluate staff performance.
- Contribute to the development of new project proposals related to protected areas within the Forest Landscape in Malaysia.
- Represent WWF-Malaysia, on issues related to protected areas in Malaysia in the local and international arena via participation in conferences, workshops and meetings.
- A post-graduate degree and/or professional background in natural resource management, conservation biology, forestry, tourism, sociology or other subjects related to protected areas. Otherwise a minimum of five (5) years working experience on protected areas.
- Excellent organising and management skills and the capacity to make decisions or act on issues with professionalism.
- Excellent written and oral skills in English and Bahasa Malaysia. Competency in a third language is an added advantage.
- Computer literate and has the ability to use appropriate technology for presentation to partners, stakeholders and potential donors.
- Must possess a valid driving licence and has experience in driving long distances.
- Pleasant disposition, hard working, team player, committed, dedicated and focused to the conservation cause.
- Good interpersonal skills, innovative thinking, versatile ability to work in a team and work independently.
- Good understanding of current issues especially having knowledge on environmental and conservation issues.
We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with the performance of the individual, provides an opportunity for training, career development and other attractive prospects.
Interested candidates should provide a covering letter with a copy of their resume, stating their last drawn and expected salary.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Read more about the position here.