Organization Hiring:Tetra Tech ARD
Tetra Tech ARD is accepting expressions of interest from qualified Natural Resource Management candidates for an active USAID funded program. The Partnership for Land Use Science (Forest-PLUS) project is a five-year sustainable landscapes program, between USAID/India and Government of India (GOI). The project aims to reduce emissions from deforestation and forest degradation and enhance sequestration through afforestation, conservation, and sustainable management of forests. The Forest PLUS program will address sectoral barriers, build human and institutional capacity, develop and deploy improved scientific methods for carbon inventory and reference baselines, and actively engage stakeholders and create an enabling environment for REDD+ implementation in India. The position will be based in Delhi, India. Periodic travel required.
Please note that only Indian Nationals will be considered.
- Develop tools, techniques, and methods for better ecosystem management and increasing sequestration;
- Develop research priorities and oversee research program in sustainable ecosystem management;
- Develop ecosystem management model to engage communities and decision makers;
- Oversee overall pilot REDD+ program development in three targeted landscapes;
- Provide input into training programs related to forestry and ecosystem management;
- Provide input to harmonize forestry policies to establish and meet GoI goals for REDD+.
- A post- graduate degree in forestry management, environmental management, conservation or related discipline;
- At least 10 years of forestry and natural resource management sector expertise, especially related to application of improved forest management and silvicultural tools and techniques;
- In-depth understanding of REDD+ and REDD readiness issues;
- Practical experience in implementation and monitoring pilot and demonstration projects related to forestry and REDD+;
- Experience undertaking activities aimed at building capacity, improving policy and regulations aimed at improved forest management;
- Willingness/ability to remain engaged in activities occurring in multiple field sites across India;
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English and Hindi .
For more information on this position, click here