The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) advances human wellbeing, environmental conservation and equity by conducting research to inform policies and practices that affect forests in developing countries. We are one of 15 centres within the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, and we have offices in Asia, Africa and South America.
- Develop the Asian elements of a multilingual CIFOR website.
- Develop appropriate communications materials in multiple formats on our work in Asia, such as:
- Write stories, news releases, e-newsletters and other content for the web, printed material and the media.
- Prepare multimedia packages for the web and media.
- Liaise with media in the region to disseminate information on our research.
- Build communication plans and budgets into regional research proposals and projects to enhance impact.
- Support the integration of communication for development activities and knowledge management into projects and programmes.
- Build the communication capacities of scientists and others in the region by arranging communication training and providing mentoring.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of communication activities and recommend better approaches.
- Work with regional communication officers in Africa and Latin America, and with CIFOR's Climate Change communication specialist, to coordinate global outreach efforts.
- Liaise with counterparts at the Government of Indonesia such as the Ministry of Forestry, including on management of the Bahasa Indonesia website REDD-Indonesia.org.
- Coordinate conferences in Asia and Indonesia.
- Meet communication project and donor deliverables in the Asia region.
- Degree in communication or related discipline.
- Experience in planning, implementing and evaluating comprehensive communication programmes.
- Have training and 5 years of professional work experience in media relations.
- Experience in working for a research facility or within the development sector is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Indonesia and Asia communication networks.
- Fluency in Indonesian and English.
- Demonstrates initiative and capable of working independently as well as being an effective team player.
- Strong client service approach.
- Ability to nurture new ways of doing things.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively and positively interact with people in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment.
- Ability in personal organisation, planning, priority setting and managing multiple tasks.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure.
Deadline: Sept. 30th
Read more about the position here.